If an inefficient furnace made you feel like you were burning money last winter, you’re probably already looking for ways to make heating your home more affordable. The HVAC experts at West Allis Heating & Air Conditioning can help you better manage costs with a new system control—a Wi-Fi smart thermostat.
Smart Thermostats Dial in Comfort and Savings
Smart thermostats are the latest trend in home heating because they take the guesswork out of staying comfortable. They automatically adjust conditions in your home to perfectly balance comfort and energy efficiency. Here are a few ways they save you time and money:
- They learn, so you don’t make a mistake. Smart thermostats keep track of how you use your system. Then they adjust settings to improve efficiency while matching your schedule and preferences.
- They’re sensitive and can automatically make adjustments if conditions change—whether the outdoor temperature drops or the oven heats up your kitchen. In spite of these fluctuations, your home will stay comfortable.
- They’re connected and easily accessed from your phone or tablet. You can use an app to check in or make changes anytime, from anywhere. Most can also integrate with home automation systems, so you can just tell it what you want it to do.
- They’re all about numbers—they track usage and break down HVAC and energy costs to show you opportunities for savings. See how much you’re spending at-a-glance, tweak your programming, and you’ll notice savings shortly after.
- They’re protective—if the power or your system fails, your smart thermostat will send you an immediate alert. It will also safeguard your furnace by reminding you when it’s time for routine maintenance and filter changes. Both of these service reminders can help you save on unexpected repairs or early replacement.
Why a Smart Thermostat May Be Better Than a Programmable One
In a word: you. Studies show that nearly 50 percent of people who hope to save energy with a programmable thermostat don’t set it up properly, eliminating potential savings. For these homeowners, and those that still have a manual thermostat set to one temperature 24/7, smart thermostats might just be the perfect solution to better comfort control and energy savings.
Visit West Allis Heating and Save
For more ways to get comfortable without overspending, call the pros at West Allis Heating or visit our WAH Comfort Store for expert advice. We’re here for you with answers, as well as routine and 24-hour service for most makes and models of heating and air conditioning systems. Whether it’s a home or business, we’ll help you save time and money—call 414-543-2800 or contact us today.